Black Cat

Dawn Adele Pointer daper at umich.edu
Fri Mar 5 19:51:52 UTC 1999

Hello all,
When I was living in Voronezh some friends and I found a tiny black kitten
who obviously needed to be cared for.  My Russian roommate, in the process
of rationalizing our adoption of this kitten, said that it was only
*chuzhie* chornye koshki that are bad luck, but that owning one of your own
was actually good luck.  Has anyone else heard this?    Dawn.