opening in Nanjing

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue May 4 16:13:57 UTC 1999

Dear SEELANGers:

I was asked to pass this information on to you about an opening in Nanjing.
Please direct any inquiries to Joanna Radwanska Williams (e-mail below).

Ben Rifkin

I am writing to ask for your help in bringing the following position in
linguistics to the attention of interested colleagues. This is a
one-year renewable appointment, which is quite attractive as a
post-doctoral or sabbatical position. We anticipate a vacancy due to the
possibility of
my leaving Nanjing. I would be happy to answer informal inquiries at:
ylzhang at nju.edu.cn
Thank you and best regards,
Joanna Radwanska-Williams

                        PLEASE  POST
                POSITION IN LINGUISTICS / ESL

Nanjing University, one-year appointment for 1999-2000. Seeking Ph.D. in
Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, to teach one or more of the
following at the graduate level: Discourse Analysis, Language
Acquisition, Sociolinguistics, Research Methods; plus undergraduate
courses in linguistics and/or composition, and some supervision of
theses and/or extracurricular activities.
Nanjing University ranks along Beijing University as one of the elite
research universities in China. Nanjing is China's "southern capital",
situated on the south bank of the Yangtze River, and within easy access
of Shanghai. The university offers a pleasant and collegial environment.
The position is jointly sponsored by nanjing University and the United
Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia.
We would like to fill this position by July 1999. Applications will be
reviewed immediately. Please send a preliminary indication of interest
by e-mail to: Professor ZHAO Wenshu,  wszhao at netra.nju.edu.cn