Book for Russian culture courses

Daf daf at meirionnydd.force9.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 16:08:41 UTC 1999

>For Russian culture courses in English<
Seeing this made me think that here would be a good place to ask for some
similar advice.
I am translating Pushkin's notes for the book he didn't write on Peter the
Great. It is full of obscure terms for things that are rather too
historical for dictionaries. I wonder if there exists something like a list
in English of Peter's ukazes. If anyone can advise I'd be most grateful.
I'm fairly well OK on the text part in spite of the note form, but those
lists of edicts are driving me up the wall.
Daf  [web page-http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk]