Demonological need

Geoffrey Chew uhwm006 at sun.rhbnc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 14:13:20 UTC 1999

> Can anyone suggest a comprehensive and reliable text on Slavic
> demonology? With types and classes of demons and creatures clearly
> outlined.
>
> Also: does anyone know of any possible connection between Rusalki/Mavki
> and Vampires.

I forget the name of the author and the exact title (I don't have a copy
of my own), but there was an amusing and comprehensive pseudo-scientific
"natural history of rusalkas", subdivided by genus and species, written in
Estonian (I think) but certainly translated into Czech and published a few
years back.  I doubt there was anything on vampires...

 Geoffrey Chew
 Music Department, Royal Holloway College (University of London)
 Internet:       chew at sun.rhbnc.ac.uk