Fwd: Russian Interpreter

Stephen L. Baehr slbaehr at vt.edu
Tue Nov 16 21:49:33 UTC 1999

If anyone knows of a recent grad who might be interested in this job,
please have them contact the person below (not me) immediately. I know
nothing about the group, so I can't vouch for their reliability.
   Steve Baehr

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:06:58 -0500 (EST)
>From: MariaJL at aol.com
>Subject: Russian Interpreter
>To: slbaehr at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU
>
>Hello,
>
>I am writing from the production offices of a national touring company --
>that currently has a theatrical production on the road.  Our orchestra is
>made up of Armenian and Ukrainian musicians.
>
>We are looking to find an interpreter who would like to travel with our
>group, act as an interpreter, and, ideally, who also has the business skills
>to act as an Assistant Company Manager on the road.
>
>It is our hope that an advanced Student from your University might be
>interested in this position.
>
>The Interpreter/Manager would be responsible not only for communicating needs
>and information, but also for any production duties that may be required as
>ACM.  The Interpreter/Manager must be reliable, organized, able to work well
>in stressful situations, and fluent in both English and Russian.
>
>We are a highly respected theatrical company, and produce several tours a
>year.  This is, however, our first experience working with international
>employees (when we are not in THEIR country, that is).
>
>The tour is currently scheduled to run until May of 2000 -- and is mainly a
>"one-nighter".   This means that the tour moves to a different city almost
>every day.  Travel is via the company bus (with the occasional flight
>possible). The interpreter/manager would have the opportunity to see a huge
>portion of the United States.
>Salary and per diem would be paid, and worker's compensation insurance
>applies.
>Travel is also provided.
>Hotel accommodations are made in advance by our offices.
>
>This production has just begun production, but we need an Interpreter/Manager
>to begin work as soon as possible.
>
>Please respond to this email with any candidates, further questions, or
>suggestions on where I might find a male or female who would enjoy this work.
>
>Thank you very much for your assistance.

----------------------------------
Stephen L. Baehr (slbaehr at vt.edu)
 Professor of Russian
 Editor, +Slavic and East European Journal+
 Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
 Blacksburg, VA 24061-0225
 Phones:(540) 231-8323 (direct); (540) 231-5361 (secretaries), 231-9846
(Ed. Asst,)
 FAX: (540) 231-4812
----->NOTE NEW ADDRESS. Old address will no longer work.<-----