Fw: recent HELP request from Russia

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at dial.pipex.com
Thu Nov 25 16:16:50 UTC 1999

Thank you Marina for this information.
Andrew Jameson
Chair, Russian Committee, ALL
Languages and Professional Development
1 Brook Street, Lancaster LA1 1SL UK
Tel: 01524 32371  (+44 1524 32371)

----------
From: Marinaswan at aol.com
To: a.jameson at dial.pipex.com
Subject: Re: recent HELP request from Russia
Date: 24 November 1999 23:55

Dear Andrew,
I've just received via SEELANG and mailbase.uk lists the message on help
request from this person in Russia:
Valentin Mikhaylin
Ryleeva Street, 6-45
Kaluga. 248030
R u s s i a.

I am afraid it's a CON message, as we previously received several messages
from the same person in our language school. He once offered co-operation in
sending students to study in UK, then -sending documents to Russia by special
delivery via their company as by regular mail there was no guarantee because
of the corruption at the post offices in Russia.

Do you think you can forward this warning to the mail list members?
 I would support the idea of helping Russians but I don't want any conmen to
take advantage of people's generosity and trust. Unfortunately, there are
still enough 'businessmen'of this kind in Russia.

With kind regards

Marina Burrell
RuSS Chair, Cambridge