Helpwithsomequestions?

Irina VanDusen vandusen at actr.org
Wed Oct 6 21:20:20 UTC 1999

The last time I was in Russia (July  1999) the big advertising boards all over Moscow said: "Pokupay Otechestvennoye" and had pictures of either smiling woman with a freshly baked loaf of bread, or happy peasant with cows in the background, or worker at the plant with some machinery in the background. There were also a lot of boards advertising Russian beer and cigarettes. Also ads for cellular phones, and also mineral water "Svyatoy Istochnik" with the slogan: "Kaplya svyatogo est' v kazhdom" (sorry for my transliteration inconsistency).
Irina