Thoughts about "PowerGlide"?

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at spcorp.com
Fri Oct 8 18:48:39 UTC 1999

Hello all :)

Sorry to be a bother again, but
I am wondering if anyone has any
experience with "Power-Glide"?

I ordered the Russian Power-Glide
and received it yesterday.

I'm quite impressed with what I've seen so far.

The whole learning experience is made interesting
and varied, and more like an adventure game rather
than stoic learning.

The material seems to be geared towards homeschooled
kids, but it includes instructions for usage in classrooms,
or in groups, or alone, or at home.  So far, the
first three lessons kept my interest - even a quick
little 'brute learning' of 7 phrases was interesting in
making a time limit of it.

Some portions seem to 'weave' English and Russian
text together, which is related to a question I had
asked a few months back about whether or
not there were any teaching methods which
weaved in and out of Target language - and it
appears that somebody has put one together!

Other stuff, putting common Russian phrases
into songs with melodies most English speakers
would know...

I think they have versions in Spanish, French,
German, Japanese, Russian and one or two
other languages.  I'm not trying to advertise here -
but I'm just wondering if anybody has had experience
with it.

Their webaddress is:

http://www.power-glide.com

if you want to at least critique it based upon
what their webpages show.

Thanks again!

Always searching out opinions...
-Kenneth