the language

Daf daf at meirionnydd.force9.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 13:16:47 UTC 1999

> After all, even cyrillic zealots are perfectly able
>to read the Latin alphabet!

Oh dear, I really have to come back in. The above sentence reminds me of
non-Welsh speakers here in Wales who think and say that everything should
be in English because 'we can all speak English'. I can see that if one
wants to reach the whole of the list one has to transliterate, like it or
not, but if the 'Cyrillic zealots' choose sometimes to speak to each other
in Russian here, is it really hurting anyone?
Daf  [web page-http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk]