quick poll re offprints of book reviews

Donald Barton Johnson chtodel at humanitas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 1 18:49:13 UTC 1999

Dear Sibelan, (oh, that name)
        After 35 years of review writing, my experience suggests that
review off-prints are pointless in the age of xerox -- perhaps with the
exception of substantial review-articles. In fact I don't see much use for
off-prints of articles. It's simply an additional expense and bother for
the journals and apart from a couple of copies for files and promotion
cases they serve little purpose.                Best, Don Johnson

D. Barton Johnson
Department of Germanic, Slavic and Semitic Studies
Phelps Hall
University of California at Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA  93106
Phone and Fax: (805) 687-1825
Home Phone: (805) 682-4618