Books for review in SEEJ

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Mon Sep 6 15:37:41 UTC 1999

Dear comrades,

We will be pruning the web lists of books for review in SEEJ, to trim
older books (those whose index numbers do not begin with an "S") as
part of the next major list update.  Books which are central to
AATSEEL's disciplinary definition will remain on the list, as we seek
reviewers for them more aggressively, but those which are more
peripheral, especially in the "History and Culture" section, will be
largely removed.  If you have not yet looked at the web lists, or if
you have postponed inquiring about items of interest for whatever
reason, this would be an excellent time to examine the lists in more
detail, before they are cut.  The web address is
http://www.swarthmore.edu/Humanities/sforres1/seej/ -- or follow the
SEEJ books-for-review link on the AATSEEL home page at
http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/ .

Let me know (at <SFORRES1 at swarthmore.edu>) by _OCTOBER 15_ if you
would like to review one of the older books (or, indeed, one of the
newer books with an index number beginning "S," whose presence on the
list is not threatened by this little purge).  Please pass along this
information, and perhaps a printout of the relevant sections of the
web lists, to colleagues who do not read SEELANGS.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my query about preferences in
offprints of reviews; the comments and suggestions were very helpful.
If you have not responded to this survey but still would like to,
please do not post to the whole list (unless you wish to raise points
for broader discussion), but write to me offlist at
<SFORRES1 at swarthmore.edu>.

Wishing all the best as the fall semester creaks into motion --

Sibelan

Sibelan Forrester
SEEJ Book Review Editor
Swarthmore College