Help with grammar

Brian K. Lehmann BrianLeh at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 15:46:37 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues,

Somehow in my years of Russian study I overlooked a rather basic grammatical
issue.  Consider:

    moya syestra ee moy brat ceedyat doma.

If I do not want to use the possessive twice, how do I do it?

    a.  moee syestra i brat ceedyat doma.
    b.  moya syestra i brat ceedyat doma.
    c.  other?

Also, a couple of immigrant students in my high school language class used
the word "eehnii" for "their", instead of just "eeh".  I had seen this
before, but don't really know what it's purpose is, i.e. when it is used.

Any help would be appreaciated.

gratefully

Brian Lehmann