Russia today

Daf daf at meirionnydd.force9.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 18:26:37 UTC 1999

To Lisa who wrote
>> I have a feeling a lot of good things must be happening but we
 >don't hear about them because no one finds them newsworthy.
I think that's usually the way with the media. Plus I get the feeling that
a lot of people in the West [especially in politics and media] still feel
the need for the cold war now that I suppose they have won it. The habit of
reporting Russia negatively seems to die hard.
> How about the recent news about the outpouring of support for Mrs.
Gorbachev
> as she battles leukemia?  I realize that's not completely good news,
since
> she is sick, but the Russians haven't let past ill will stand in the way
of
> true sympathy.
I didn't know she was ill, but the reaction you describe strikes me as
typically Russian.
Daf  [web page-http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk]