Russian "Verbal Fillers"?

Alexey I. Fuchs c0654038 at techst02.technion.ac.il
Wed Sep 15 07:21:18 UTC 1999

I can think now of three simple 'nonsense things' as you call them, that
appear in the speech, but it should be noted that their usage is not
desired. If it can be avoided, it must be avoided. These are:
- Koroche (=In short);
- Znachit (to est') (=that means, I mean, idem est);
- Kak by (=as it were);

Usually, a person uses only one of them. I.e. in a speech of one certain
person you may not find all of them.