e-letter exchange for students

Brian K. Lehmann BrianLeh at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 12:41:13 UTC 1999

Greetings to the reader,

Have you ever set up e-letter exchanges for your students?  If so, please
share of your experience.

I would like to provide the opportunity for my students to correspond with
Russian children their age.  Since some students do not have e-mail at home,
at least some mail would have to come through a school PC or through my home
PC.  To avoid the problems of coding, we would probably use attachments when
writing in cyrillic.  I have:

150 elementary level students and about 50 high school level students.

I would appreciate advice on setting up an exchange either school-to-school,
class-to-class, or individual-to-individual.  Are there programs already
existing to this end?  What are some of the pitfalls/problems that come with
such exchanges?  What do I need to know?

Any help appreciated,

Brian

BrianLeh at aol.com