Russian vocabulary for the Internet.

Julie Cassiday Julie.A.Cassiday at williams.edu
Sun Sep 19 23:56:56 UTC 1999

Dear Members of SEELANGS,

I'm currently teaching an independent study on the contemporary Russian
media, and the students in my course are very interested in internet
resources in Russian.  While we have no problem finding web sites, search
engines, link libraries, and the like, I have just realized that I do not
know most of the words necessary to describe and discuss the internet in
Russian.  I'm sure that many of these are loan words from English;
nonetheless, I wonder if some of you might know of glossaries,
dictionaries, or web sites where I can find internet vocabulary in English
and Russian.  And guidance you could provide in this area would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,

Julie Cassiday
Russian Department