12th Biennial Balkan & South Slavic Ling., Lit. & Folklore Conf.

Marc L. Greenberg m-greenberg at UKANS.EDU
Tue Sep 21 17:36:51 UTC 1999

Dear colleagues,

This message is to draw your attention to
updates that have been made  to the website for
the 12th Biennial Balkan & South Slavic Ling.,
Lit. & Folklore Conf.in Lawrence, KS, USA,
including information on hotels,
transportation, and the schedule of events. I
urge you to make your  hotel reservations early,
as our meeting is near graduation time,  when
area hotels become full to capacity. Please try
to book your  room with one of the first three
hotels on the list (Eldridge, Halcyon  or Days
Inn), as these are either within walking
distance to the  conference venue or we will
arrange for a shuttle to and from the  hotel.

Web site:

http://www.ukans.edu/~slavic/bss.htm

Please note that we can guarantee free
transportation to and from  the airport (Kansas
City International in Kansas City, Missouri)
only  to visitors arriving from abroad. For
others we have arranged a  special conference
discount with Superior Shuttle of $20 one-way,
$35 round-trip if you ask for the "Balkan
Conference" rate. The  airport is about a one-
hour ride from Lawrence.

Lodging and transportation:

http://www.ukans.edu/~slavic/bss/lodging.htm

Please have your abstracts sent in to me by Oct.
1, 1999. Those  received already are posted on:

http://www.ukans.edu/~slavic/bss/bss-
abstracts.htm

The conference schedule is made up so far only
with respect to the  time frame--no slots have
been assigned yet. I will put the more-or- less
final schedule together after I have heard from
everyone on Oct  1.

http://www.ukans.edu/~slavic/bss/schedule.htm

I would be grateful if you would share this
information with  potentially interested
colleagues and, especially, the web- challenged.

Sincerely,

Marc L. Greenberg

=================================
Marc L. Greenberg