SEEJ Transliteration Preference

Karen A Rondestvedt rondest+ at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 28 17:09:37 UTC 1999

Unfortunately, some publishers are unwilling to deal with Cyrillic, as
I've discovered while editing the first issue of the new Slavic
librarians' journal, Slavic & East European Information Resources. I hope
the journal will eventually do well enough that I can convince them to use
it. In the meantime, and with other publishers that don't deal with Slavic
languages very often, I think we're stuck not only with transliteration
but often with lack of Slavic diacritics as well.

Karen

-*-  Karen Rondestvedt                         G-20X Hillman Library
-*-  Slavic Bibliographer and                  University of Pittsburgh
-*-  Temporary Bibliographer for               Pittsburgh, PA 15260 USA
-*-    German Language & Literature            tel: (412) 648-7791
-*-  University of Pittsburgh Library System
-*-  rondest+ at pitt.edu                         fax: (412) 648-7798 or
-*-  Web: http://www.pitt.edu/~rondest/             (412) 648-7887
        DO NOT SEND FAXES TO MY PHONE NUMBER. YOU WILL NOT GET THROUGH.