Pushkin's Prisoner of the Caucasus

Halimur Khan HKhan at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Fri Dec 1 17:25:52 UTC 2000

Dear Alex and Benjamin,

Last Fall, while teaching a course on Russian literature, I too have tried
unsuccessfully to find an English translation of the poem. There, probably,
isn't any. If, however, someone finds one (or, may be, comes up w/ a
translation), please let it be known. Thanks.

--Halimur Khan

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Sher [mailto:sher07 at BELLSOUTH.NET]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 11:56 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: Pushkin's Prisoner of the Caucasus

Dear Alex:

I have been trying for the past hour to search the Internet for you for
an English translation of "Prisoner of the Caucasus" but without
success.

I had hoped so much to surprise you with an online text, but I don't
think there is one, not in English at any rate.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher
Sher's Russian Web