Gamlet and Korol' Lir

Benjamin Sher sher07 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Dec 29 00:28:02 UTC 2000

Dear friends:

A brief report, as promised last week, on Gamlet and Korol' Lir, as
available from RBC (see my Index under Multimedia, Commercial):

The audio and video quality of RBC's videos is good. These two movies
are, of course, from 1964 and 1969, respectively, and in black and white
but the print quality is good enough. The price is unbeatable: $10
including free shipping. NO subtitles.

We also ordered a more recent color movie called "O bednom gusare
zamolvite slovo" by Ryazanov. Print quality is very good, both audio and
video. Price: $10 as for all movies from RBC.

But please remember: NO subtitles.

I don't like to promote one site over any others. The reason for making
this exception is that few of us can afford Russian movies at the usual
high prices at such places as Facets (www.facets.com). Korol' Lir, for
instance, costs $60 at Facets (www.facets.com). Of course, it comes with
subtitles. RBC has thousands of Russian movies in its catalogue and
every movie costs only $10 including free shipping.

I am not affiliated in any way whatsoever with RBC. My thanks to Alina
Israeli for calling my attention to this great site.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher
Sher's Russian Web