OCR advice?

Daf daf at MEIRIONNYDD.FORCE9.CO.UK
Wed Feb 2 12:24:43 UTC 2000

Does Microsoft have integrated software to use with
> Cyrillic? Any and all advice appreciated. Please respond off list, unless
> you believe that your response will be of general interest.

I have somewhat the same problem. I am trying to put Cyrillic texts onto my
website. Namo Webeditor doesn't recognise Cyrillic although in the past I
managed to paste from Word95 and although it was not readable in the editor
it was ok on the net. Now I have word98 and that uses Unicode which does
not seem to pass happily through Namo. But one can write in HTML in word
and upload directly with an FTP programme. I think it works, that is to say
that I can read it and some others have told me they can, but at least one
person said he couldn't read it.

As to OCR Fine Reader does a very good job of Russian I believe but I don't
know how it relates to HTML.

I hope this may be of some use but I expect it is the blind leading the
blind<g>
Daf
[web page- http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk ]