Recordings of Russian poetry

Jeanette Owen jowen at BRYNMAWR.EDU
Sat Feb 12 19:25:55 UTC 2000

A small selection of glossed Russian poetry read by a native Russian
speaker is available on the web, for a project a colleague and I created
for students in first and second year Russian.   So far I have recordings
for the following 8 poems, and will add more by the end of May, 2000:

Pushkin:        "Ja vas ljubil"
Lermontov:      "Sosna"
                "Ja ne Bajron"
Kozlov: "Vechernij zvon"
Gippius:        "Pesnja"
Balmont:        "Ja v etot mir prishel..."
Blok:           "Noch, ulitsa..."
Selvinsky:      "Pjat' millionov..."

The poems are in Cyrillic, using KOI-8. Quicktime Player is required for
the recordings, and for those who don't have the application installed
already, you can download it for free by following a link off the poetry
index. To get to the index, follow the link to "Glossed poems with sound
recordings" from my home page:

http://lang.swarthmore.edu/faculty/jowen/owen.htm

Jeanette Owen
Instructor of Russian
Dept. of Modern Languages and Literatures
Swarthmore College
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore, PA 19081-1397
(610) 328-8162