Uzbek cyrillic

pyz at PANIX.COM pyz at PANIX.COM
Mon Feb 14 21:47:51 UTC 2000

> I have so far succeeded in installing a cyrillic keyboard (with =
> qwerty-layout) on the computer of an Uzbek friend.=20

Congratulations.

> Now he wants 4 special Uzbek characters installed. Could you explain to =
> me how I can do that and where I can find them.

Uh ....

A long time ago (in Internet terms) I used to have a Kazak Cyrillic font
buried somewhere.  It was basically cast into cp1251 8 bit mode and using
the Character Map utility found in Windows 3.x, 9x, etc you could see
where the special Kazak characters were mapped.  By finding what
numbers are mapped to which character you could then type the character
by holding the alt key and then typing the character's corresponding
number, as alt+0196, etc.

If the keyboard driver is configurable (something like Winkey) then you
can setup a special keyboard mapping to actually type those unique
characters.  I suspect that something similar can be setup for Uzbek.

> Hilsen
>
> Ulrik

> Ulrik Eskildsen, Solbyen 24, DK-9000 Aalborg

Max Pyziur
pyz at panix.com