[Russian Braille - does have Grade II (or Russian shorthand?)]

Steve Marder asrednew at NETSCAPE.NET
Thu Feb 17 20:49:47 UTC 2000

Kenneth,

I will pass on your question about Russian Braille. However, regarding your
second question, the following may be of some interest to you.

I have in my possession a textbook by Yu.S. Demacheva and K.M. Zaranko called
"Stenografiya" (Moskva, "Vysshaya shkola", 1986, 517 pp.). It is a
full-fledged course in shorthand. To judge by appearances, it would certainly
seem to have "many contractions and/or symbols to represent common
words/sounds". If you think you would like to have a closer look at the
subject and cannot get the book mentioned or any other Russian book on the
subject, I could lend you my book; it is not a book I use every day. :-)

Steve Marder