Byliny

James Bailey jobailey at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Sun Feb 20 13:50:32 UTC 2000

Alexander,
      Melodia put out two LPs of Russian epics some time ago from the
collection in the Fonogrammarxiv in Pushkinskij dom.

Epicheskie stixi i pritchi Russkogo Severa. 2 records.  MONO P2M 49311-14

Byliny Russkogo Severa: Skaziteli Rjabininy. Melodia, 1985. 1 record.
MONO  M20 46391 007

      My old LP to tape no longer works so I can't record the records for
you.  Your best bet might be to write to Aleksandr Jur'evich Kastrov in the
Fonogrammarxiv at Pushkinskij dom.
Rossija, 199034, St.-Peterburg, nab. Makarova, 4. Institut russkoj
literatury, Fonogrammarxiv.  He doesn't have Email so best would be to have
someone contact him directly.
      Best of luck.
      James