Council for the Russian Language

Glenn E. Thobe thobe at LAFN.ORG
Tue Feb 29 23:47:54 UTC 2000

The St. Petersburg Times (Russia, not Florida) did an article on the
new council charged with defending the Russian language.

   66% >>>>> #543, FEBRUARY 18, 2000
   Top Story (Russian Language Council Created) - Russian Language
   Council Created| By Anna Badkhen| SPECIAL TO THE ST. PETERSBURG TIMES|
   MOSCOW - Bureaucrats abuse it. Mass media manipulate it. And shop
   owners contaminate it with foreign elements.| Any way you look at it,
   the Russian language is in jeopardy.| But lovers of the mother tongue,
   take heart. Russian authorities say they have found a *****
   http://www.sptimes.ru/archive/times/543/russian.htm

-Glenn Thobe <thobe at lafn.org>