More on Vatsuro fund

Stephen L. Baehr slbaehr at vt.edu
Tue Jan 4 03:45:38 UTC 2000

I was just told that my note did not indicate to whom checks to helo with
Dr. Vadim Vatsuro's chemotherapy should be made out. Please make checks
payable to Prof. Dolinin and send to the address mentioned in my original
posting, which I include below for reference. Prof. Dolinin will then get
the money to SPb.
Thanks.
Steve Baehr
Original posting:

Several days ago I was contacted by Prof. Mark Al'tshuller of the
University of Pittsburgh regarding the famed Pushkinist Vadim Erazmovich
Vatsuro of Pushkinskii dom. Dr. Vatsuro has lung cancer and will need three
sessions of chemotherapy. The Academy of Sciences will pay for the first
session, but they will be unable to pay for the remaining two, which cost
$1,500 each.

I am writing to request that as many colleagues as possible help in this
attempt to save Dr. Vatsuro's life. Given the high cost of the
chemotheraphy, many donations will be needed; all help would be appreciated
as quickly as possible.

Please send contributions (marked "For Dr. Vadim Vatsuro") to:
Prof. Alexander A. Dolinin
2303 Keyes Ave.
Madison, WI 53711

----------------------------------
Stephen L. Baehr (slbaehr at vt.edu)
 Professor of Russian
 Editor, +Slavic and East European Journal+
 Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
 Blacksburg, VA 24061-0225
 Phones:(540) 231-8323 (direct); (540) 231-5361 (secretaries), 231-9846
(Ed. Asst,)
 FAX: (540) 231-4812
----->NOTE NEW ADDRESS. Old address will no longer work.<-----

                           **** ATTENTION ****

The SEELANGS list is moving servers on January 3, 2000.  Please visit the
following URL for a complete description of the changes and how you will
be affected:

                 http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/