[Re: Non Fiction in Russian]

Steve Marder asrednew at netscape.net
Thu Jan 6 00:50:01 UTC 2000

> Richard Robin <rrobin at gwu.edu> wrote:
<...>

> SEELANGS gets lots of Kak po-russki riddles. I'll archive any attested finds
at
> the GW site: http://www.gwu.edu/~slavic/nrs. In that vein can anyone name
the
> page where Pelevin uses "message" in direct Cyrillic transliteration (minus
the
> silent e: MESSAG, I'm pretty sure) in Generation P? I'd like to snag that
one
> as well.

> -Rich Robin

Although I can't help with the Pelevin reference -- I haven't read "Generation
P" -- I might just mention that "messag" (m.) and "messaga" (f.) are not that
rare an occurrence on the Russian Internet in the computer slang meaning of
"e-mail (message)".

Steve Marder

                           **** ATTENTION ****

The SEELANGS list is moving servers on January 5, 2000.  Please visit the
following URL for a complete description of the changes and how you will
be affected:

                 http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

                       (Apologies for the delay)