Electronic Russian Dictionary/Spell Checker wanted...

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at SPCORP.COM
Thu Jan 13 15:08:32 UTC 2000

Hello SEELANGers!  For those on break, hope y'all are enjoying it!

A quick question:

Is there an electronic Russian dictionary/spellchecker (the spellchecker
portion is less important) for Windows95 which has each word
coded, as to whether it is a noun, masc, singular, nominative,
an adjective, feminine, plural, dative -- etc?

I've been working with materials that I've found online, and
some aren't bad, this is one area they're all lacking.

Of course, they all assume that one can identify whether a
word is a noun, or adjective or verb (etc), and only tell you
the gender if it doesn't follow one of the standard rules for
figuring out that sort of thing.

So, any leads on an electronic dictionary which has these
things?  [the dictionary itself should be exportable, along
with the 'tag' information]

One more (dumb) question, to not waste space:
What are the rules again for figuring out syllable breaks
in Russian words?
I feel silly for asking, as I have read it somewhere, but I can't
seem to find the information in any of my books @ home, nor online,
so I don't know where I've read it.

Thanks again!

-Kenneth