glokaja...

Robert A. Rothstein rar at SLAVIC.UMASS.EDU
Fri Jan 14 02:48:04 UTC 2000

> . In which
> context, does 'shteko' have a [yo]?

        No, it doesn't.  As I pointed out in my previous posting, Lev Uspenskii
marks the stresses in all the words in Shcherba's sentence except for 'kuzdra',
distinguishing between 'bokrenka' with a diaresis and 'shteko' with an accent
mark.
                                                                        Bob
Rothstein