Money transfer to Moscow

edmir edmir at GLASNET.RU
Sat Jan 22 01:18:20 UTC 2000

Hi from Moscow/Russia!

I am a Russian translator/interpreter here in Moscow. Can assure you from
my own experience - there can be absolutely no problem with money transfer
from abroad.

Leaving alone private ways like through friends, etc. you can safely and
legally transfer USD to a person's bank account here in Moscow - if he/she
has a bank account in USD (no problem to open one, needs just USD 5 to do
it).
The other way: through Western Union - they have dozens of branches
throughout Moscow and the country. Just check it yourself with the nearest
to you WU office.
You can even mail a check by registered mail - it's also ok, but will take
in some cases up to 3 months to get cleared.

Bank transfer takes up to 10 days and the receiver pays banking fee
depending on the amount transferred, but not less than USD 10.
Western Union transfer is instant, the fee is payed by the sender, they can
even give a call to the addressee and inform him of the arrived money. You
can get all info from them.

It's all bullshit about people being robbed while leaving banks. There
could have been cases - but just like anywhere else in the world. You have
cash in your pocket - you can't be absent-minded and careless. That is all
about it.

My best

Pavel Kozlov
Member, Translators Union of Russia