Short stories for Penguin Classics

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat Jul 1 08:45:18 UTC 2000

Dear All,

My THANKS to the many people who have generously given me information and
shared their thoughts with me.

My APOLOGIES that I have more than once pressed the wrong button and sent
messages to the general list that were intended for particular
individuals.

And to clear up any CONFUSION I have inadvertently brought about, the
anthology is of Russian stories in general - 19th and 20th century, by
writers of both sexes.  There is a strict space limit.  The average
amount of space per writer will be around 6000 words.  Only Pushkin,
Gogol and Chekhov and perhaps Tolstoy are getting more; a lot of writers
will be getting less.

Best Wishes, Robert