Russian Word Pieces and List of Russian words with English defini tions that are 5 letters or less in length.

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at SPCORP.COM
Thu Jul 6 14:55:37 UTC 2000

I have available two Adobe Acrobat 3.0 (.PDF) files.

One contains a large amount of "word pieces" -- Roots,
Inflections, Prefixes and Suffixes.  I gathered the
information from various sources over the past year's time.
It does not contain English definitions, however it
does give plenty of space to write in a definition, and
6 little boxes for each "word piece" for you to put together
your own coding system.  (color coding for example).

They are grouped by the first two letters, which I think you will be pleased
with.

The file name is PARTS.PDF and it is 823,595 bytes in Adobe Acrobat 3.0
format.

Ask me, and I will send it to you.  Feel free to put it on your website or
FTP site,
as I have neither, but would like this to be made available to others, if it
is found to be useful.
Consider it public domain.

The other file contains a very large amount of Russian words that are from
one to
five letters in length, with English definitions.  This group, I have
compiled from various online
sources over the past year, and I have not verified it for accuracy.

This, also, is grouped by the first two letters.

The filename is 5ORLESS.PDF and it is 2,020,822 bytes long in Adobe Acrobat
3.0 format.

Ask me, and I will send it to you.  Feel free to put it on your website or
FTP site,
as I have neither, but would like this to be made available to others, if it
is found to be useful.
Consider it public domain.

I think you will be pleased.

E-mail: kenneth.udut at spcorp.com to request it.

I'm hoping this will be useful for somebody out there.  It is proving to be
useful for me, especially while reading Russian texts.  I use the "5
letters-or-less"
to look up short words, and the "word pieces" to help break down words into
parts.

They are both designed to be printed, and use large letters, as I have bad
vision,
and do not like to struggle with tiny print.

I will be sending them out in two 'bulk' e-mailings,
as I am doing this in my spare time at work (which is naughty of me),
once later today, and again in a couple of days.

-Kenneth
kenneth.udut at spcorp.com