Russian Literature with Environmental Focus

Subhash.Jaireth at AGSO.GOV.AU Subhash.Jaireth at AGSO.GOV.AU
Thu Jul 13 23:12:01 UTC 2000

Hi,

One of the films that impressed me a lot was Gerasimov's U Ozera. It had
Shukshin in the lead role and was the debut film of a talented actress
Nataliya Belokhvostikova. The film explored the conflict surrounding the
construction of a paper mill on the bank of the Lake Baikal.

I find Mikhail Prishvin's stories also very interesting in the way they
explore the human/nature dichotomy. Paustovskii's  Kara Bugaz is a wonderful
travel narrative about the Aral Sea.

Best wishes

Subhash

Dr. Subhash Jaireth
Senior Research Scientist
Mineral Resources and Energy Program
Australian Geological Survey Organisation
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 AUSTRALIA
Telephone: Domestic:  02 6249 9419
 Facsimile:  Domestic:  02 6249 9971
 Physical Location:
 Cnr Jerrabomberra Ave and Hindmarsh Drive
Symonston ACT 2609
 http://www.agso.gov.au