Identity

Alexandre Bougakov bougakov at MAIL.RU
Sat Jul 15 18:00:22 UTC 2000

Hello Genevra,

Saturday, July 15, 2000, 2:14:55 AM, you wrote:

GG> Greetings:
GG> There is a statue of Alexander III in St. Petersburg, and I was told that
GG> the following lines referred to it:
GG> Stoit komod,
GG> Na komode,
GG> Begemot.
GG> Could anyone tell me the origin of the lines?

I have just checked - the author of this was count Alexei
Konstantinovich Tolstoy - <b>not</b> D.Bednyj. The epigram sounds as

Stoit komod,
Na komode begemot,
Na begemote -
Obormot.

Sorry many times for my previous email - I had to check it better
before sending my message. "Ne speschi, a to .. uspeesch!"

Cordially, Alexandre Bougakov <mailto:bougakov at mail.ru>

Student of the sociological faculty of the Higher School of Economics
(http://www.hse.ru/fakultet/sociology/default.html), Moscow, Russian
Federation

My website is http://SocioLink.narod.ru/ (thousands of sociology
related links on the Web - in Russian, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4
or higher is required)

My PGP key ID is 0x97F20C99, Key Fingerprint is C83C 5998 F43A BEB7
70DF B8FC CC5E 960E 97F2 0C99 (PGP version is 6.0.2i)