women in eastern europe

Angela Cannon cannon at UIUC.EDU
Wed Jul 26 19:43:03 UTC 2000

Dear Ms. Gieselmann,
I read with interest your query to SEELangs-L about a bibliography on women
in Eastern Europe.
Such a bibliography already exists, first, as part of  "Women East-West:
The Newsletter of the Association of Women in Slavic Studies".  This
newsletter is sent to members 5 times each year and includes a "Current
Bibliography", which is 7-8 pages in length and covers all of the countries
of Eastern, Central and Southern Europe and the countries of the former
Soviet Union, in all areas of the humanities and social sciences.

To learn more about AWSS and how to subscribe to the newsletter, you can
visit their web page at:

http://130.58.154.91/slavic/AWSS/

In addition, the contents of the bibliographies, 1976-2000, are in the
process of being collated and revised and have been accepted for
publication.  This very large, 2-volume bibliography (v. 1= Russia & the
countries of  the former Soviet Union and v. 2= Eastern Europe) will be
published early in 2001 by the publisher M. E. Sharpe.  (Partial listings
from the bibliographies are now available at the web site.)

I will also be happy to provide you specific information about subscribing
to the newsletter and getting back issues of the bibliographies.  Please
feel free to contact me at your convenience with any questions you might
have.

Sincerely,
June Pachuta Farris
jpf3 at midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago Library

Dorothea Gieselmann wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I am doing research on a bibliography on women in Eastern Europe. My aim is
> to produce a bibliography that gives hints on fiels of research done (when,
> in what country, what topics were en vogue etc.?). Personally I know the
> fields history and literature in Russia best. That is why I am especially in
> search of books or articles referring to these fiels but concerning a)
> Poland, b) the Slavic countries of Eastern and Central Eastern Europe as a
> whole, c) Czech and Slovak Republics and their predecessors, d) other Slavic
> countries/regions. Other fields I'd like to cite titles from are sociology,
> political science, perhaps economy, law and the arts, linguistics,
> everything concerning gender studies. I am also interested in periodicals,
> newsletters and the like. I'm very grateful for your help!!!!
>
> Dorothea Gieselmann, Muenster University, Germany

June Pachuta Farris
Bibliographer for Slavic
 and East European Studies
University of Chicago