apartment in St. Petersburg--for rent

Ekaterina Dianina dianina at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 30 17:57:41 UTC 2000

Dear List Members,

This is a notice posted on behalf of a colleague.  Please
respond to him directly off-list if interested.  Thank you.

APARTMENT IN ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA -- FOR RENT

This is a cozy one-room apartment which is ideal as a base during
research in St. Petersburg.  It is available from September 1 to
mid-June 2001, or for shorter periods.  This is my own apartment
where I live during the summers (from September to May I teach in
the US (UC Berkeley) and which I rent out to graduate students or
professors.

APARTMENT:
-- room:  25 square meters, completely furnished: bed, couch,
bookshelves (free space available, plus a good library of British
and American books in English, and books in Russian), desk, table
lamp, color TV, Stereo system, dresser, balcony
-- bathroom:  bathtub, shower, toilet, automatic washing machine,
gas heater (i.e. hot water all year round, which is important in
Russia), vacuum cleaner, iron

-- kitchen: gas stove, refrigerator, all kitchen utensils,
cutlery, china, toaster, coffee maker, etc.
-- front room: with closet space
-- telephone, answering machine, printer (Hewlett-Packard --
PC and Mac compatible), easy e-mail connection, electric plugs
for Russian/American/British standards

BUILDING:
This is a so-called "cooperative" building (kooperativnyi dom),
which means that it is clean (cleaner than most buildings in the
city) and the neighbors are friendly. It has nine stories, and has
an elevator. The apartment is on the sixth floor. The apartment has
two front doors with locks; the front door of the building is also
locked and has an intercom system (important for additional security)

AREA:
Very green area, three minute walk from Prospekt Veteranov subway
stop; 25 minute subway ride from Nevskii Prospekt; many shops, a
drug-store, fruit and vegetable market

Rent is $200/month (the last month's rent is paid in advance as a
deposit).

Please, e-mail me (Alexei Yurchak) directly at alexei at sscl.berkeley.edu
if you are interested or have questions.