Council for the Russian Language

Dianna Murphy murphy.386 at OSU.EDU
Wed Mar 1 01:46:20 UTC 2000

Dear Seelangers,

I am interested in learning more about the newly formed "Council for the
Russian Language,"  which, according to a Feb. 25 Christian Science Monitor
article titled "Word cops in the land of Putin and Pushkin," is charged in
part with "cleansing" the Russian language of unecessary foreign words (or,
as one member of the Council quoted in the article put it, of "stupid
borrowings").  Please let me know if you have seen any articles on this in
the Russian press!

Thank you!

Dianna Murphy