WMNB

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed Mar 8 20:56:28 UTC 2000

Dear SEELANGers:

I have been informed by the tech people on our campus that they can't find
the signal for WMNB (Ethnic American Broadcasting) from the satellite
anymore.  I had heard that they were in bankruptcy.  Attempts to contact
them have come to naught (see below.)  Is anyone getting their signal?

Thanks for clarifying this!

- Ben Rifkin

>Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:48:05 -0600
>From: "LSS294VH LSS294VH" <LSS294VH at lss.wisc.edu>
>To: <brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu>
>Subject: Russian TV
>
>Ben:
>
>Below is a part of a message I sent to Dave D.Weber at DoIT.  I tried to
call EABC and kept on getting a busy signal for their 800
number(1-800-722-2080 or 1-877-351-4388).

>I have been told by other satellite dish people on a mail list I belog to
that all program transmissions from SBS5(the Russian Language sattellite)
has ceased.  So that satellite may have been decommissioned.

>Den
>¯--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>service with an M-peg 2 -Dish Network reciever and the dish pointed to 110
>>or 119 degrees.
>>
>>2.  M-peg 2 reciever(Pansat 300A)  pointing the dish to G6 at 99
>>degrees.  The WMNB signal is in the clear which is fine seeing that CREECA
>>already paid the subscription for it.
>>
>>I`m copying this to CREECA, because I know there will have to be some
>>money paid out in order to continue to get Russian TV.
>>
>>Well enough for now.  Talk to you soon.
>>
>>Den

Benjamin Rifkin, Assoc. Prof., Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr., Madison, WI  53706 USA
voice:  (608) 262-1623; fax:  (608) 265-2814

Director of the Russian School, Middlebury College
Freeman International Center, Middlebury, VT  05753 USA
voice:  (802) 443-5533