query re videos

Jules Levin jflevin at UCRAC1.UCR.EDU
Thu Mar 23 19:29:26 UTC 2000

Dear colleagues,
I have been routinely deleting messages and info on Russian films on video,
and now I am in the embarrassing situation of needing your help.
My wife has a girlfriend in northern Italy who is studying Russian, and she
has asked me (the Russian expert!) where she can get Russian films with
ENGLISH subtitles.  (I guess she realizes how hopeless it is to find
Italian subtitles.)
She didn't specify in Italy, but I suspect a source there would be
preferred to one in New York or Moscow, but just in case...
Please respond off-list.

Jules Levin
Professor of Linguistics and Russian
University of California, Riverside