English calques and pseudo-anglicisms: No Problem

Donald Barton Johnson chtodel at HUMANITAS.UCSB.EDU
Fri Mar 24 17:42:59 UTC 2000

When in Russia the early 60s I remarked to a Russian "Eto IX
problema". He looked bemused and said it was an anglicism.

D. Barton Johnson
Department of Germanic, Slavic and Semitic Studies
Phelps Hall
University of California at Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA  93106
Phone and Fax: (805) 687-1825
Home Phone: (805) 682-4618