Search engines (Re: Query: Mak Dizdar)

Wayles Browne ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Tue May 2 14:40:29 UTC 2000

>Thank you so much! Which search engine did you use if I may ask? My search
>on Yahoo did not really bring anything interesting.

This may be interesting for the list members--if not, please delete it.

I used the Google search engine: http://www.google.com
and typed in "Francis R. Jones" (between " " -- that means that we're
looking for that precise sequence).
A good feature of Google is that for every page it finds, it shows you
an excerpt from the text of that page in which your desired words are
highlighted, so that you can usually determine whether the page is
interesting before you actually open it.

Good hunting

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall 321, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)