My vas pokhoronim

Lvisson at AOL.COM Lvisson at AOL.COM
Sun May 7 21:20:39 UTC 2000

Khrushchev said "My vas pokhoronim," not "my vas zakopaem," which was a back
translation from "We will bury you.  For a detailed discussion of this with
evidence by eyewitnesses, see the recently published memoir by the
interpreter Viktor Sukhodrev, "Ot Khrushcheva do Gorbacheva," Moscow: ACT
publishers, 1999, ; pp. 87-91 are devoted to this.  The meaning was "we will
survive you" after the death of capitalism.
LV