1957 Leningrad celebration

Robert De Lossa rdelossa at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed May 17 20:31:33 UTC 2000

1703 - founding of Peter-Paul Fortress (w/Admiralty Shipyards the next year)
1712 - declared capital of Russia/Muscovy
1721 - declaration of Russian Empire

1707 - ?

Robert De Lossa

>-----------------------
>Sender:       Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
>              <SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
>Poster:       "Beyer, Tom" <beyer at JAGUAR.MIDDLEBURY.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: 1957 Leningrad celebration
>
>I'm a long way from my history books- but did SPb become the capital in
>1707? And when was the Russian Empire officially declared?

Director of Publications
Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University
1583 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-8768; fax. 617-495-8097
reply to: rdelossa at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.sabre.org/huri/