FW: Russian Television

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at SPCORP.COM
Thu May 25 12:15:27 UTC 2000

That would be the "international" (Mezhdunarodnnoe I *think*
means International) version of the station.

In the states, I get NTV and NTV+
in what I think are special international or USA
versions (there are very very few advertisements),
from DISH networks.

-----Original Message-----
From: K.L.Moody [mailto:RUP99KLM at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 4:59 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Russian Television

Dear Seelangers,

I have a query about Russian television. Until recently I have been
watching an analogue broadcast of ORT here in the UK. The
University has recently switched to digital.

Is there a different version of ORT being broadcast for non-Russian
countries? I have noticed that under the ORT slogan there is the
word "mezhdunarodnnoe". I am sure this wasn't there when I
watched the analogue channel.

I am asking because I am interested in the advertising, and there
seems to be very little advertising shown on the digital channel. I
was also wondering if there were any other Russian digital
channels that are available in the UK.

Any information would be greatfully received.

best wishes
Karen Moody