Russian keyboard encodings

Adassovsky Georges gadassov at WANADOO.FR
Fri May 26 20:30:19 UTC 2000

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for an expert in Russian keyboard encodings. If anyone is out
>there, could you email me privately? I'm wondering if it's possible to
>transfer a file in Russian from Mac to PC. I know a lot about encodings on
>Mac, but not so much about Windows.

I'm not an expert, but I use a Mac, and send files to PC.
I use Eudora, with "Eudora cyrillic tables" as a plug in. (free on the site)
You need:
1) cyrillic Mac fonts
2) cyrillic keyboard (inside "system")

Once you have set up the keyboard flag, at the top right of your menu bar,
to "Russian", and the font of "Eudora" on some Mac Russian, you type your
message (need to know the Russian keyboard by heart, it's not QWERTY!).
After that, you go to to "message", "change", and "translitteration".
You choose the translitteration to the system of your correspondent (you
need to know his system)

Not very simple, but that work.

Georges.