How safe is Moscow for Americans?

Marta Sherwood-Pike msherw at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon May 29 19:23:13 UTC 2000

        I just wanted to share that my experience has been, that the
likelihood of crime victimization in America has been greatly exaggerated
in the name of selling products and in diverting tax dollars to the
police. As a woman who has been single most of her life and has been
forced by poverty to live in bad urban neighborhoods, I can testify that a
few simple precautions will avert most serious crime. -Martha Sherwood-