Russian Bible on the internet

Ernie Sjogren esjogren at NC.RR.COM
Thu Oct 12 19:51:05 UTC 2000

Professor Rifkin,

In re Bibles on the web:

You will find several versions, a couple searchable (IIRC), by following the
links at

http://www.list.ru/catalog/10561.html

be patient, as a couple of the links may no longer function.  Or do a search
on "biblija" (Cyrillic chars.) from the list.ru "search" box.

Searching through rambler.ru's links will serve your purpose, too, as well
as provide some intriguing side trips!

http://top100.rambler.ru/top100/Religion/index.shtml.ru

Quite nice, fairly inexpensive Russian Bibles can be purchased from the
American Bible Society ($6.50 + S/H is there lowest price, I think), and
they also offer a "Slavonic Bible" ($7.95 + S/H) about which I know nothing.

https://abstore.americanbible.org  (search on Russian or Slavonic)

http://www.biblesociety.org/ provides catalogs w/ descriptions of the Bibles
purchasable from ABS, as well as an on-line "contemporary" translation of
the New Testament.

Hope this is of help.

Ernie Sjogren