Russian movie for third-year students

Alex a_strat at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 22 03:04:07 UTC 2000

> As a last resort, what about a foreign action/soap opera/etc./movie dubbed
> into Russian?  I'm a student of Czech and I quite enjoyed "Dallas" in that
> language (while I don't think I've seen two episodes in its native English.)

Dear Leslie!

Learning a foreign language without any link to the native culture was quite
common in the Former Soviet Union. The language knowledge of this
approach is something like an artificial limb - you can have it but you can
feel it...

Regards

Alexander Stratienko

P.S. Btw, the language of dubbed videous (especially of  the "perestroyka" period)
        is the most awful language I've ever heard on the "screen". The next one are
        the writings on walls.