Russian movie for third-year students

Mila Saskova-Pierce mzs at UNLSERVE.UNL.EDU
Mon Oct 23 14:30:31 UTC 2000

For Alexander Stratienko, Karen Kunes from Yale prepared a Czech Soap opera
for students of Czech.  Jak vytrhnout velrybe stolicku.  You might ask her
for copies; she bought the rights for the use in classroom.  It might be
better than an US soap opera:  more Czech cultural stuff.  We are using it
in class, including the second installement:  Jak dostat tatinka do
polepsovny.  Mila Saskova-Pierce

>>> As a last resort, what about a foreign action/soap opera/etc./movie dubbed
>>> into Russian?  I'm a student of Czech and I quite enjoyed "Dallas" in that
>>> language (while I don't think I've seen two episodes in its native
>>>English.)
>>
>> Dear Leslie!
>>
>> Learning a foreign language without any link to the native culture was quite
>> common in the Former Soviet Union. The language knowledge of this
>> approach is something like an artificial limb - you can have it but you can
>> feel it...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alexander Stratienko
>>
>> P.S. Btw, the language of dubbed videous (especially of  the "perestroyka"
>> period)
>> is the most awful language I've ever heard on the "screen". The next one are
>> the writings on walls.

>                http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
University of Nebraska
1133 Oldfather Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0315
Tel:  (402) 472 1336